Riyadh: Saudi authorities announced Monday the discovery of four new cases of corona virus and suspension of air and sea voyages between the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and nine countries to prevent the spread of the disease.
The ministry said the new cases included Saudi nationals, two Bahrain and one American.
Earlier on Monday, the Saudi News Agency reported that authorities had suspended travel from Saudi citizens and foreign residents to the United Arab Emirates, Kuwait, Bahrain, Lebanon, Syria, Egypt, Iraq, Italy, and South Korea.
People traveling from these countries or people who have been there in the last 14 days will also temporarily not have access to Saudi Arabia.
The total number of confirmed COVID-19 cases in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia has reached 15 since the discovery of these 4 new cases. On Sunday, the Ministry of Health announced the diagnosis of a further four cases of rapidly transmitting respiratory diseases in Qatif, bringing the total to 15 cases. 11 cases.
The Saudi Ministry of Health said in a statement that the first case was a Saudi citizen and that he was linked by Cartif to an earlier case. The patient is now isolated in the hospital.
The second and third patients were Bahraini women from Iraq en route to Bahrain. Both were isolated in a hospital in Cardiff.