QUETTA: Interior Minister Sheikh Rasheed said Thursday the blast that took place a day earlier in the parking of a hotel, was a suicide bomb attack.
The minister was holding a news conference to discuss the Quetta bomb blast from last night, which killed five and injured 12 others.
Rasheed pointed to India’s activities aimed at destabilizing Pakistan and said that in the past eight to ten days, India has established 250,000 to 300,000 social media accounts. He said these are all efforts to undermine Pakistan’s internal stability “through foreign factors.”
“These foreign forces cannot see Pakistan prosper and progress,” said the minister.
Rasheed said the Ministry of Interior had placed all 22 law enforcement institutions under its jurisdiction, which include the FC, Rangers, Coastal Guards and others to remain on “high alert”.
He said Pakistan was a great nation and with the help of its great armed forces and intelligence agencies, will thwart all evil designs as well as conspiracies being hatched in India, against it.
Updating the masses about the casualties and the wounded in the blast, Rasheed said out of the 11 who were injured, six had left the hospital after getting treated.
“The rest are in hospital, out of which only two to three are in a critical state,” he said.
When answering a question, the Minister of the Interior clarified that the Chinese ambassador has been in Quetta for the past few days and is safe. He rejected speculation that the Chinese ambassador was in the hotel at the time of the explosion and said the diplomat was not elsewhere.
When asked whether there will be chaos and anarchy in the country in the past few days, Rashid replied in the negative. He said that the elected prime minister, the guardian of a great army and a country of 22 billion people.
“We know how to live and die for this country,” he said.
The minister said a forensic investigation was being conducted into the attack, adding that so far, the terrorists have not been identified yet.