Pro-Trump social media app hacked on launch day as half million sign up

Pro-Trump social media app hacked on launch day as half million sign up

By

Washington: Miller said that a social media site launched on Sunday by former US President Donald Trump’s senior adviser Jason Miller was briefly hacked and more than 500,000 people have registered to use the site.

GETTR is a Twitter-style platform with posts and trending topics. It advertises itself as “an unbiased social network for people all over the world” on Google and Apple App Stores.

In an email statement to Reuters, Miller said: “The problem was discovered and resolved within a few minutes. All the intruder can do is change some usernames.”

A Sharon writer posted screenshots of several GETTR profiles on Twitter, including the profiles of former Secretary of State Mike Pompeo and Miller himself, which were modified to read “Juba Baghdad is here, follow on Twitter I:)”.

When asked about safety issues on the new social media, Miller said the situation has been “corrected.”

After the riots in which his supporters stormed the Capitol on January 6, Twitter and other websites took action to stop the former president. Miller has been mocking the Trump team’s plans to launch a new social media platform for months. .

On Sunday, former Trump adviser Steve Bannon described GETTR as a “Twitter killer” in a post on the new website.

Trump was permanently banned from using Twitter, and was suspended by Facebook and Alphabet’s YouTube until at least 2023, until the company determined that the risk of violence had been reduced.

Miller told Fox News earlier this week that he wants Trump to join, but the former president is considering multiple options. He said Trump did not provide funding for the platform.

You may also like

%d bloggers like this: