Man infected with virus (pneumonia) dies in China

By

Shanghai: Wuhan’s health department said on Saturday that in a central Chinese city in Wuhan a 61-year-old man died of pneumonia when an unknown virus broke out and seven others were in critical condition.

In a statement on its website, the Wuhan Municipal Health Commission said that a total of 41 people were diagnosed with the pathogen, and preliminary laboratory tests cited by Chinese state media earlier this week showed that it was a new type of corona virus.

It said the pathogen was “an unknown cause of viral pneumonia”.

The report states that two of them were fired, the remainder in stable condition and 739 people deemed to have been in close contact with the patient were erased.

The health authorities said the man was the first victim of the disease in December and a regular buyer of the city’s seafood market, after having previously been diagnosed with abdominal tumors and chronic liver disease.

After admission, the treatment did not improve his symptoms and he died of heart failure on the night of January 9. He added that his virus test was positive.

The committee added that no new cases have been detected since 3 January.

The Wuhan health department also said that these patients were mainly sellers and buyers in the seafood market. To date, no medical personnel have been infected and no clear evidence of human-to-human transmission has been found.

The World Health Organization (WHO) said on Thursday that an emerging member of the virus family that caused the outbreaks of fatal fatal severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS) and Middle Eastern respiratory syndrome (MERS) may be the cause of the outbreak.

Coronaviruses are a large class of viruses that can cause infections from the common cold to SARS. Some viruses cause less serious diseases and some viruses cause more serious MERS.

The outbreak occurred before the Lunar New Year holiday at the end of January, when many of the 1.4 billion people in China travel to their home or travel abroad. Officials said at a press conference on Thursday that the Chinese government expects passengers to travel 440 million times by rail and another 79 million by plane.

In a statement, the Wuhan Health Department also urged the public to take more precautionary measures against infectious diseases, saying it is pushing for tests to diagnose the pathogen, and nucleic acid tests have been completed from Friday.

China’s National Health Commission said in a separate statement that it would share information about the genomic sequence of the corona virus with the World Health Organization to maintain global health and safety.

The Hong Kong Ministry of Health also said on Saturday that it has stepped up inspections and clean-up measures at all border checkpoints, including Hong Kong ports, airports and high-speed trains that passengers receive from Wuhan.

Chinese officials treated the SARS epidemic for several weeks in 2003 and the death toll has continued to rise since then. Rumors have forced the government to expose the epidemic. The disease spread rapidly to other cities and countries. More than 8,000 people were infected and 775 died.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published.

You may also like

Hot News