Tehran: Iran warned on Saturday that despite the decline in other regions, coronavirus infections in the southwest are still on the rise, as it announced more than 1,500 newly confirmed cases.
“All provinces are showing a gradual drop in new infections … except for Khuzestan, where the situation is still concerning,” health ministry spokesman Kianoush Jahanpour said in televised remarks.
The Ministry of Health no longer published provincial figures for coronavirus last month.
Instead, it chose a white color-coding system for low-risk areas in the country, yellow for medium-risk areas, and red for high-risk areas.
The latest reports show that Khuzestan is as popular as some other provinces, including the capital Tehran and the Shiite parish of Qom. Iran reported the first case in February.
Early last week, Iran’s official daily throughput reached its lowest level since March 10, but has steadily increased since then.
Jahanpour said 1,529 new cases have been confirmed in the last 24 hours, with a total of 106,220 cases.
48 new deaths were added, bringing the total number of deaths to 6,589.
Of all admitted patients, 85,064 were recovered and discharged.
Experts at home and abroad have expressed doubts about Iran’s official figures, saying the real number of cases may be higher.