LAHORE: A fire erupted inside a plaza located at the city’s Gulberg main boulevard area on Sunday morning due to an electrical short circuit, spreading to the fourth floor of the building.
Even after 12 hours, the fire at 6:30 in the evening continued to burn.
According to a live report by a reporter from Earth News, the live report said that more fire brigades have been sought from the Army.
According to detailed information from rescuers, the fire exploded in a shop on the second floor of the square-Hafeez Centre, where laptops, mobile phones and other electronic products were sold-and spread to the fourth floor. The fire broke out at around 6 in the morning, and the fire brigade was called shortly after.
According to reports, Chief Minister Usman Buzdar is in constant contact with the Lahore Commissioner’s Office and rescuers to find out the situation.
Mian Khalid Mahmood and Punjab Health Minister Dr. Yasmin Rashid arrived at the scene under the instructions of the Chief Minister. CM Buzdar issued instructions asking officials to speed up rescue operations.
When rescuers and firefighters tried to extinguish the flames, several shopkeepers tried to save their expensive electronic items by taking them away from the square.
The shopkeeper can be seen in the background, scrambling to pick up large cardboard items full of electronic items, and then move them out from the ground floor of the square.
Fear and panic among traders also spread to the ground floor of the building.