Deadly coronavirus toll rises to 259 1

Deadly coronavirus toll rises to 259

By

Shanghai: The Chinese health department said on Saturday that the number of coronavirus deaths in China has risen to 259 and the total number of confirmed infections has exceeded 11,000. The United States has announced new border restrictions for foreigners in China.

Hubei province is at the center of the epidemic, still in a virtual quarantine area, roads are blocked and public transport is closed, but a few passengers remain blocked.

Fearing that the virus could spread further abroad, the United States announced measures to limit foreigners’ access to China. The three major US airlines also said they would cancel flights to China on Friday.

Qantas Airways Ltd said that immigration restrictions imposed by the United States and other countries have forced it to suspend direct flights to China from February 9.

According to travel and data analysis company Cirium, nearly 10,000 flights have been suspended since the outbreak of the Chinese corona virus.

Many countries have special charter flights to repatriating citizens from China.

The Ministry of Health said more than 300 South Koreans were returning on Wednesday for their second charter flight from China and were being transported to a facility to be quarantined for two weeks. Seven people had symptoms during the flight and were immediately taken to the hospital.

Chinese cities continue to take special measures to prevent the spread of pathogens. Tianjin is a city in the north of China with a population of around 15 million. He said that all schools and companies will be suspended until further notice.

US human rights activists in China have urged the Chinese government to reduce travel restrictions and anti-discrimination of residents in Wuhan and Hubei, and added that censorship has facilitated the spread of the virus.

The organization said, “Human rights should not be a victim of government work to curb an outbreak of coronavirus that killed nearly 200 people and affected millions.”

The World Health Organization declared the outbreak on Thursday as a public health emergency of international importance and praised China’s response to the outbreak.

The United Nations has announced that it has had an important round of negotiations on a new biodiversity treaty, originally scheduled for February 24 in Kunming, in southwest China. Negotiations will now be held in Rome.

Various high-profile sporting events have also been moved or postponed, this is the newest qualification for badminton in Hainan province.

Walmart Inc., the world’s largest retailer, announced temporary restrictions for “non-business trips” to China, while the manufacturer of agricultural machinery Deere & Co temporarily closed its factories in China, dozens of which were due to travel and activities The latest outbreak in a large private company.

The National Health Commission of China said there were 2,102 newly diagnosed infections on Friday, bringing the cumulative total to 11,791.

The hub of the epidemic, the Hubei Provincial Health Commission, reported earlier on Saturday that the Friday outbreak caused 45 new deaths, bringing the total to 249. Another death on Friday was in the southwestern city of Chongqing.
Last Friday, Hubei Province confirmed 1,347 new infections and by the end of today, the total number had reached 7,153.

The virus is believed to be Wuhan, the capital of Hubei province, and 576 newly confirmed cases were reported that day. The virus also killed 33 people. A total of 192 people died in Wuhan.

You may also like