Karachi: The municipality implemented “micro smart lockdown” measures in many places in Karachi West on Thursday for two weeks as these places reported a surge in Covid-19 infections.
The lock will take effect at midnight tonight until 7 am on December 31.
The areas that will be locked down include Manghopir (Bakra Perhi, Sector 14-B, Gulshan-e-Maymar, Sector 10/5 and KDA Sector 6) and Orangi (Saleemabad Sector 11/2 and Shah Wali Ullah Nagar).
People living in these areas will have to adhere to the following SOPs:
Anyone entering or exiting these areas will have to wear a mask
- Unnecessary movement shall be restricted
- All businesses in these areas will ensure COVID-19 SOPs are followed in letter and spirit
- No private/family get-together will be allowed
- No gathering of three or more persons will be allowed in public spaces
- All persons afflicted with the virus will quarantine themselves and would not be allowed to mingle with others until they test negative