Shafqat Mehmood tests positive for COVID-19 again

Students will be taught ‘complete syllabus’ this year: Shafqat Mehmood

By

Karachi: Federal Minister of Education and Professional Training Shafqat Mehmood said on Thursday that students will learn a “complete syllabus” in this school year and will not make concessions due to COVID-19 as they did last year.

The minister said at a press conference hosted by the Sindh provincial government that all examinations will be held in May and June, and the Cambridge examinations will also be held as planned.

Mahmoud emphasized that education is higher than politics and urged relevant departments to work together in the field of education.

When talking about the educational development plan, he said that he has received grants from the World Bank, which are being used to provide education in areas where children are out of school.

The minister talked about providing facilities for girls in particular so that they can receive as much education as possible.

“In this regard, appropriate toilets with boundary walls will be built together with other facilities,” he added.

Mehmood emphasized the lack of accurate data. He said: “We are discussing the formation of a committee whose task is to collect accurate educational data.”

The minister said that the country “has not given due attention to the education sector” and added that as a country, “we need to invest more in education”.

Regarding the national education policy, he said that work in this area has already begun.

“We all want to involve all provinces,” Mahmoud said, insisting that all decisions will be made together and differences will be resolved.

You may also like