Restaurant collapse in northern China leaves at least 13 dead

Restaurant collapse in northern China leaves at least 13 dead

By

Beijing: According to state media, at least 13 people were killed when a restaurant in northern China collapsed on Saturday. Rescuers pulled dozens of survivors from the rubble and looked for those who were trapped.

According to CGTN, a radio and television station, the two-story building used for banquets fell in the morning in Xiangfen County, Shanxi Province.

“So far, 43 people have been brought out, including the dead and four seriously injured,” the report said.

The images on the CGTN website show that rescuers were wearing orange overalls and hard hats, tearing the dilapidated building to pieces, and saw a decorative painting on a few intact walls.

CGTN said that 700 people participated in the rescue operation.

Although the cause of the disaster is unclear, China is no stranger to collapses and fatal construction accidents.

They usually attribute the blame to the country’s rapid growth, leading to drastic and widespread violations of safety regulations by builders.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published.

You may also like

Hot News